13 May 2013

Shades of green & white

With a dot of red thrown in. It's the first lady bird I have seen this year and such a beauty so many spots. My son was trying to count them but it kept moving before he could finish. Just sat still long enough for this picture.
 
 

The hedgerows and fields are now awash with the delicate lace like cow parsley flowers. It is just so lovely I had to get my camera out and get a few snaps
 



 
And when I got back home I thought I would have a go at a bit of sketching and sewing. It is such a long time since I have done any drawing I am a little rusty, and the same goes for my stitching but the more I practise the better I will get. I am quite pleased with my efforts.




I am not quite sure what I will do with the stitching yet. Maybe I'll put it on the front of a nappy basket or maybe the laundry bag I have been promising myself I will make for ages. Totally fed up with picking up dirty washing off the floor.



3 comments:

  1. I love your embroidery, and your sketches and photos are beautiful too. Am loving your new blog!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. very lovely indeed! You clever mama you! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete